Hi, I'm William Richards
UI/UX WEB DESIGNER
I have over 12 years of work experience in UI/UX design, rapid prototyping, and front-end development. I succeed where others may not because I focus on user centered design principles with clear design decisions on user needs and business goals.
I love to chat with people about their projects, so get a hold of me before I get busy!
Hobbies & Interests
Serving over 1.5M People, Saramento County leads in technology as an avenue for communication and community outreach.
Sr. UI/UX Designer
- Designed 311 mobile application UI.
- Made personas for the sacccounty.net website.
- Directed the team that won the 2015 Best of the Web award for saccounty.net.
- Director of video production for Award winning Hack4Sac County sponsored hackathon.
- Redesign and rebrand of the COBRA Billing software program logo and splash screen.
- Designed and animated the E-Planning infographic animation.
- Made wireframes and prototyping for over 40, public facing and internal, websites.
- Lead the countywide transition of over 200 county department websites to employ responsive website designs.
- Established Information Architecture flow for larger website projects.
- Trained groups of other designers and developers to use LESS as the preferred css processing language.
- Lead designer for printable county IT reports for 3 years.
ESM Solutions is a total risk management solutions provider assisting employers in the public and private sector with reducing the cost and impact of workplace injury. Our workplace tailor-made solutions instill commitment of management, develop and track measurable goals, and ensure best practice procedures.
Sr. UI/UX Designer, Web Developer, Project Management
- Responsible for video creation, corporate rebranding, and marketing reporting increasing online sales 200% from the previous year.
- Utilized Google Analytics reporting and SEO reports to refine project sales goals.
- Lead in product development the product and engage with CEO and CTO to propose next product roadmap and UX directions.
- Setup hosting environment to display final website and various client related files.
- Customized Wordpress CMS template. Extending original template intent drastically. Designed and packaged Articulate Storyline learning management software to develop E- Learning courses for products the company was in the process of selling.
- Used WC3 compliant HTML and CSS on the website.
- Filmed, edited, composited various training and educational videos. Both for internal use and client work.
- Created Facebook advertisement mockups and strategies.
- Setup and hosted webinars through a GoToMeeting interface.
- Designed eye-catching company newsletters.
- Through report generation and analytics I was able to increase the readership of the newsletter from 10-12 per week to 500-550 a week.
Majors of study
- Graphic Design
- Classical Art
Majors of study
- Web Design
- Art History
- C++ Programing
- Database Architecture